Welcome to the Hooper Holiday House website!
We are Mike and Margie Goodrich, proud residents of Hooper, Utah, since 2005. We love our neighborhood and friends, almost as much as we love Christmas. We have a family tradition to drive around on Christmas Eve and admire everyone’s lights. One year, we discovered the animated light show videos posted on YouTube and knew that’s what we wanted to do with our new yard. We started in 2010 with a 64 channel Light-O-Rama setup and a few sequences. Now we are up to 128 channels and over 16,500 lights. If all this sounds like a foreign language, visit our FAQ page to see “How do you do that?”
We have added four singing Christmas trees (HolidayCoro.com) and we love them. We also changed our mini-trees to a new style (also HolidayCoro.com). To accomodate the new trees, we rearranged the yard, and with the help of our family, we managed to at get our display up and running a bit early. Thanks, guys — we love you!
We know that your children LOVE to see Santa in our window. Santa is the only part of our display that’s not automated (Santa has his own union!), so he doesn’t always show up on time. We’re really sorry if the kids are disappointed, but Santa always returns so try again later.
Santa will visit us on Thanksgiving night and stay through Christmas. The rest of our display is on right now and will go through New Years. Go to our FAQ page for our location, and times. You will need to tune your car radio to FM 90.5 FM to hear the music. We also have a new Facebook page at www.facebook.com\hooperholidayhouse.
We really like our neighbors and they are, so far, being patient with our “Griswold” Christmas lighting. We want them to stay happy so we can continue with our show. So if you’re able to visit us, please follow a few “House Rules:”
- Never park in front of someone’s driveway or block an exit or intersection. Make sure everyone can get where they need to be.
- Always pull to the side of the road so you don’t block traffic.
- Please dim your lights so others can enjoy the show.
- If there are people waiting behind you, please watch a couple songs and then make room for others. You are welcome to come back again some time.
- Do not honk your horn or make a lot of loud noise that will disturb our neighbors.